Friday, March 21, 2008

In Loving Memory: Grandpa Nielsen

Today (March 21, 2008) one of my true hero's in life passed away. Grandpa had an amazing love for his family and considered his posterity (7 children, 45 grandchildren, 109 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great grandchild) his most valued possession. He taught me the importance of missionary, geneology, temple work and much, much more.
I am so grateful that 12 days before his passing I was able to spend time with him. On arriving at his bedside, he looked at me and said, "do you have a boyfriend?" I couldn't believe at 94 he still remembered what was going on in my life. I said, "no" and he said, "you continue to live a righteous life and increase your Temple attendance and you will find a husband." As tears rolled down my cheeks I told him I would put these words of wisdom to the test.
Grandpa made such a positive impact on so many lives and will definitely be missed. I love you Grandpa and am so excited that you are reunited with Grandma and your other loved ones.

3 comments:

The Wards said...

What a cute grandpa! I am so sorry for your loss, but I'm so happy you have some great memories together! I also love seeing your blog updated!!!! I love ya Kami!

jamie lynette said...

He really is a true hero!

Jen said...

We had fun yesterday visiting your work and seeing you. I don't know what Cache loved more... eating all the jellybeans or running as fast as he could away from you. :) I am glad you have new postings. I love the story of you and grandpa Nielsen. What a sweet man and grandpa!