Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crazy Idea???

So, I have been thinking about re-decorating my room for awhile. I didn't really want to spend any money, so I thought, I will just switch bedspreads with the guest bedroom and see if that gives both rooms a new look. Well, it did, but then I was at Costco and found the cutest brown and blue towels...and yes, it lead to a whole new look!

BEFORE...


and... AFTER

Am I crazy...a blue wall??? I was going to paint the wall chocolate brown, but with the brown drapes and the dark bedspread, I didn't want to feel like I was living in a dungeon, so hence the reason for the color blue. I promise that it looks better in person. I would love to hear your comments...good choice...bad choice? Many thanks to my sister Kristi for going shopping to a million different stores...and to my brother Tyler and Sister-in-law Nikki for your fabulous paint job!

11 comments:

Andrea Campbell said...

I think it looks great! I have a lot of big plans for our entire house but the need to paint and buy decorations has really postponed the project. That was a great easy way to get a nice change!

Janelle! said...

TOTALLY love it, and it looks even better in person! Thanks for giving us a tour today! I love your home. Can you come do mine? You should start a business... :)

Kim said...

I think it looks great! You did a fabulous job...

JP and Sarah said...

Love the blue! I want to paint my bedroom walls blue. Actually, I want to paint all my walls. Color adds so much! Great job!

MerrittBadges said...

Love it. Enough said.

The Wards said...

Holy Cow, I've missed so much! You've been very busy and I'm glad the busyness has been filled with FUN!!! Your family, as you, of course, already know, is the best! I LOVE your family pictures. The wedding looks amazing and your new sis-in-law's dress is so beautiful! I bet it was so fun being with your entire family!!! I can't believe how big your nieces are getting - and so beautiful too (hah, not surprising at all!!!!). That is pretty awesome about seeing the President come in too and congrats to your bro-in-law's graduation. Being busy has given you the itch... I LOVE the blue!!!! Yes, you definitely have an eye for decorating! I'm sorry you had to paint though, really, that is one thing that is always a bigger project than I anticipate! The hard work paid off for sure!! I'm so happy to see more posts!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Kami-
Of course it looks good! Anything you do looks fabulous and you know it! Don't forget your someone stylish sister also helped you with your endeaver.

-Kristi

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!! I love it! Remember, I'm the favorite sister "in-law" that actually helped you paint it, oh and Tyler. :) I've been dying to really see it, so we'll stop by soon again. It totally gives it a little something extra. :)

Anonymous said...

-Nikki (lol! oops!)

Steffy said...

I love it. I need some help with my place. It was great to see you at Martha's wedding. At least this way we can keep up with each other.

Stephanie

Rochelle said...

Hi Cami, I've never checked out your blog before, but ran into it from Jen's blog. Just so you know EVERYONE is doing that color:) No I'm serious, Brown and Blue are totally the colors this year. LOVE IT!!! It has a certain calming effect, perfect for a bedroom!